RetailX Track : Alternative Fulfillment Models
The "COVID bump" in ecommerce has caused a corresponding spike in demand for delivery services — one that threatened a "shipageddon" during holiday 2020. This session explores alternate ways retailers are meeting customer demands for delivery by promised dates without having to raise shipping fees, including crowdsourced delivery solutions; pickup-only store locations at retailers' "dark" stores; manned pickup locations at non-competing retailers/delivery service stores; and pickup lockers to provide 24/7 access.
Attendees to this event will learn about a variety of opportunities that can improve fulfillment and delivery in order to satisfy today’s demanding consumers:
- Peer-to-Peer ecommerce fulfillment;
- Crowdsourced delivery solutions;
- Pickup-only store locations at retailers' "dark" stores;
- Manned pickup locations at non-competing retailers/delivery service stores;
- Pickup lockers to provide 24/7 access; and
- Localized and automated production, including 3D printing.