FLEXIBLE ORDER FULFILLMENT
- Multiple locations (nationwide coverage)
- Can change with your changing needs
- Option to offset costs by reciprocating fulfillment
RIGID ORDER FULFILLMENT
- Typically one or two locations
- Can’t easily adapt to your needs
- Strictly offers outsourced fulfillment (higher cost)
- Single entity, single contract, one set of rules
- Uniform processes, pricing, and SLAs across all locations
- Different entities and contracts for additional fulfillment locations
- Inconsistent processes and pricing. SLAs vary across each 3PL company
- Built for fast-evolving ecommerce & marketplaces
- Provides data-driven insights
- Automatic tracking/alerts all the way to customer doorstep and everywhere in-between
- Not originally designed to handle ecommerce
- Limited visibility into order status and fulfillment
- Must manually track deliveries, no alerts or warnings
MAINTAIN SHIPPING VOLUME & ACCOUNTS
- All orders are shipped on your existing carrier accounts using your negotiated rates. Maintain existing direct carrier relationships and transparent billing.
LITTLE TO NO CONTROL
- 3PL typically uses their own carrier accounts and rates and bills you for shipping separately. All shipping volume and carrier relationship is transferred to the 3PL which may swap out carriers and service types at their discretion.
SEAMLESS AND ADVANCED INTEGRATION
- Integration with all the popular sales channels, marketplaces, and third-party software systems to ensure fast onboarding and smooth operations.
LIMITED INTEGRATION CAPABILITIES
- Most 3PL companies are not technologically advanced and hence rely on simple integration or even manual uploading of orders that can create a lot of manual work for the merchants besides introducing human errors and inefficiency.
SEASONED ECOMMERCE PARTNERS
- Order fulfillment partners are highly-vetted merchants who have intimate knowledge of what’s at stake and what’s required to meet SLAs. Cahoot provides compliance oversight to ensure that no order is shipped or delivered late.
LIMITED EXPERIENCE WITH FAST TURNAROUND AND SELLER-FULFILLED-PRIME FULFILLMENT
- Most 3PLs are not designed to process late same-day shipping orders or operate to meet the strict SFP standards. No third-party oversight into quality assurance and accountability for SLA violations. No continuous improvement feedback loop to ensure things don’t fall through the cracks.
WORKS WITH YOUR FULFILLMENT
- Every order is automatically routed to the best shipper based on cost, inventory availability, cut off times, etc. This includes your own warehouse, so you’ll always ship at the lowest possible cost.
OUTSOURCE THE ENTIRE SKU OR NOT AT ALL
- Popular 3PLs will fulfill all orders for the SKUs they store, regardless if you’re closer to the customer. So they don’t consider your location as an option until they run out of the item.
- Or you have to manually select which orders should be fulfilled by the 3PLs everyday, and send the shipping labels manually.